Hyper-V error 800700B7
- Friday, 29 July 2016 09:53
Hyper-V failed to enable replication for virtual machine ‘xxx’ : Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (0x800700B7). Virtual machine ID 27bxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx
Replication scenario :
Consider my primary server is A and replica server is B. Replication is running A to B. There are one VM replicating from A to B. I have tried to resume replication both the VMs but replication is not resumed. So first i have removed replication from A and From B for those two VMs. Then removed VM from B and respective folder of VM (folder name on ‘VM ID’).
I am getting this error while i am enabling the replication again as it was disturbed so i need to re-enable it. But getting upper error. I have removed the replication and deleted the VM folder from replica. still it is showing as above and not enabling the replication.
Find in all folders on the destination server for the virtual machine ID: “27bxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx”
I found one folder in :”Undolog Configuration” that can not delete , then I restart the “Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management Service” and can delete it.
Read More ...
Exchange 2010 checklist after installation
- Friday, 08 May 2015 22:02
this is a list of common tasks to do after a tipical Exchange installation for an small-medium Bussiness
- Enable Circular logging: (normaly you need to do it for prevent disk filling up)
- Don’t forget to configure limits for mailboxes:
- A common mistake is to not assing a offline address book on the database
- About Hub transport, you need to create a send connector to send mail
- especially set message limits (remember to do it in all connectors send and receive)
- On the client connectors you need to increase message size limits, for a lot of times errors on sincronization off outlook clients is for this reason
- I was a bad experience about this, becose outlook not sincronizes messages bigger than this limit.
- If you want to configure the exchange server with basic authentication (SMTP) on port 25, you have to disable the higlighted option:
- If the exchange is a front-end server, that receives messages for a domain, you have to allow anonymous Users on the Default Receive connector
- If you want to configure POP3 or IMAP access,
- If you want to use basic port and basic authentication, enable the higlighted option:
- Remember to change the Services (POP3 and IMAP4) to automatic startup.
- For OWA and Activesync, remember to inform the external url of your server
- After install you may be experience the error on the Outlook clients (oflline address book) the famous =”0x8004010F”, this is becose the offline address book is created on 5:00 am by default:
- You can wait for next day or if you want to create it manualy , you can do this:
1. Run Update-OfflineAddressbook “offline address book” in Exchange Management Shell. e.g
Update-OfflineAddressbook “Default offline address book”
2. Restart System Attendant Service on the OAB Generation Server (Mailbox Server). This service is responsible for generating the OAB by communicating with Active Directory infrastructure.
3. Either run following command in EMS
or just restart File Distribution Service on CAS Server.
File distribution service copies the OAB from the Mailbox Server, where System Attendant Service puts OAB in a shared folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ExchangeOAB”. Outlook clients then download the OAB from CAS published OAB Virtual Directori
- Another tipical error is “Unable to relay” when clients authenticated to SMTP server from outside organization, you can do this to solve:
To enable any authenticated user to relay as any address, run the following powershell, changing the connectors name for yours:
Add-AdPermission -Identity “Default Receive Connector” -User “NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users” -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Sender
more information at this link: http://www.colome.org/scripts/exchange/49-5-7-1-unable-to-relay-exchange-2010-for-external-authenticated-users.html
Read More ...
List all ip address from one computer
- Friday, 08 May 2015 21:57
Read More ...
Multiple remote sessions on Windows 2012 Server
- Friday, 08 May 2015 21:08
In Windows 2008, I can disable this on Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration but in Server 2012 is not active if you don’t enable RDP roles
You have two ways to do it:
You may set this via group policy, for example, in the server’s local policy using gpedit.msc:
Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Remote Desktop Services\ Remote Desktop Session Host\ Connections\
Restrict Remote Desktop Services users to a single Remote Desktop Services session Disabled
Or you could edit the server’s registry:
fSingleSessionPerUser REG_DWORD 0x00000000
Read More ...
Export Active Directory information
- Monday, 04 May 2015 20:46
Many times we want to export information from Active Directory, to such an excel. To this end a very useful tool is the command CSVDE:
to see how it works it’s best to give some examples:
CSVDE -f usuarios.csv
Exports the object type ‘user’ and ‘computer’ Active Directory to a csv file
CSVDE -d “OU=Ejemplo,dc=es” –r objectCategory=person -f usuarios.csv
Exports only objects ejemplo.es domain user type
CSVDE -f usuarios.csv -r “(&(objectClass=user)(sn=Pe*))”
Export users only objects where the name starts with “Pe” the “&” indicates a start logical “AND”
CSVDE -f usuarios.csv -r” (|(useraccountcontrol=20)(useraccountcontrol=30)(useraccountcontrol=333))”
Exports only objects where the userAccountControl field is equal to 20 or 30 or 333, the operator “|” indicates the logical initial “O”
CSVDE -f usuarios.csv -l “DN, objectclass, objectcategory, givenName, sn”
Exports only the selected columns to see all selectable attributes of an object such person, a very useful page is:
Microsoft ldap person reference
Read More ...